To conclude this week’s blog on daydreaming and rumination I’d like to offer a visualization: a mental time travel so to speak.
Put this in your stress-management and visionary toolkit for future application.
- Take yourself to a quiet place and sit comfortably.
- Inhale and exhale for several cycles.
- Start to imagine yourself in the future.
- Ask yourself four questions
1. Where am I?
2. What am I doing?
3. Who am I with?
4. How do I feel in this moment?
- Then let you mind wander.
- Repeat when you feel stressed, repeat when you wish to dream.
Let the neuroscience of your brain and body do the rest.
This is a Brilliant Brain • Bold Body Break